Today’s guests, Dennis and Kathy, are teachers of yoga, meditation and mindfulness practices with E-RYT500 certifications from the Asheville Yoga Center in Asheville, NC and are lifelong students and practitioners. They are also YACEP certified (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) and bring a different perspective to yoga instruction by co-teaching… a blend of Yin and Yang energies. Their abundance of knowledge, practice, and experience draws from their studies and attendance of many national workshops across the country.
In this episode, we learn how a corporate couple changed their lives forever to become yoga teachers. Dennis and Kathy explain the most significant obstacles they needed to overcome on their journey and why men have a more difficult time letting go of their corporate identities. Later, the two tell us why one of their biggest focuses is bringing messages and richness to each one of their classes. Every moment, we are practicing something mentally. Check in with yourself throughout the day and pay attention to those thoughts. Our internal monologue is the only thing we are entirely in control of. All of our ideas will affect the world, positively or negatively is up to us.
Enjoy the show!
- [ 02:45 ] About Dennis & Kathy
- [ 10:00 ] The moment Dennis & Kathy’s lives changed
- [ 14:25 ] The biggest obstacles to overcome in their journey
- [ 17:45 ] We are always practicing something
- [ 23:45 ] Real yoga teachers include richness in their classes
- [ 30:40 ] What do our internal thoughts tell us?
- [ 36:50 ] Creating inspired actions for the lives we desire
- [ 40:45 ] Everything Matters
- “Yoga and meditation became so interesting to me because at that time in my corporate life I was on a downward spiral.”
- “In every moment we are alive, we are practicing something.”
- “These ancient principles apply very naturally in today’s world.”
- “I can only control my internal choices. Each human being on this planet wants it their way.”
- “How can we live our lives in a way that will uplift the moment, create positive energy that will radiate outward, and have a positive impact on the world around us?”